Keuring-The Basics, Presented by Jeannine Everhart
This webinar is intended for people who are new to the world of Friesian horses and plan to bring a horse to, or simply attend, their first breed inspection ("keuring") this year. It is not about training the horse, nor is it about what the judges specifically are looking for, though we may touch upon those things. We'll cover such topics as:
- What is a keuring? What is its purpose?
- Why would I take my horse?
- How should I shave my horse? Shoe my horse? Tack my horse
- What paperwork do I need to submit or have filled out?
- Where is the closest keuring to me? How do I learn more about the venue?
- How is this thing run? What horses go when?
- What should I bring with me?
- My horse is ready to go in the ring. What happens? What should I do?
- My horses is coming out of the ring. Now what?
- What scores would be awarded? What do they mean?
- Ok, the keuring is over. What happens now? Can I bring my horse back next year?